MIX AND MAKE THIS RECIPE WITHOUT A MACHINE- USE YOUR HANDS- GET INTO THE SEASON OF CHOCOLATE
This recipe batch is perfect for fundraising or swapping.
BE PREPARED! THIS RECIPE IS HUGE IN QUANTITY.
The master recipe can be made and refrigerated or frozen in logs and baked as needed, it can decreased by half without any problem.
Cookies made with all unsalted butter, brown faster and have a crispier texture. For a softer cookie sub 1/3 to ½ margarine in the recipe. Brown sugar has more flavor and moisture than white granulated sugar.
Some simple baking rules to insure success.
Unsalted butter at room temperature
Eggs are Grade A Large. Two large eggs equal about three medium.
Use a real measuring spoon- the spoon used to stir tea or coffee is not exactly the same
Remember to add the salt, if indicated on any pastry recipe- it improves taste
Use a fresh package of baking soda or baking powder for best results.
Have a very very large bowl large enough to hold every last ingredient of the entire recipe.
- Rubber scraper
- Wooden spoon.
- Clicker ice cream scoop
- Cookie sheet pan
- Spray release
- Mixing bowl
- Measuring Spoon
- Measuring Cup
Makes 36 Six inch Cookies OR over 72 smaller cookies
Unsalted Butter 7 sticks (1 3/4 pounds)
Light Brown Sugar 3 1/2 pounds -weighed
Large Eggs 7 each
Baking Soda 3 1/2 teaspoons -measured
All Purpose Flour 3 1/2 pounds -weighed
Salt 1 teaspoon -measured
Mix the dough with bare hands have all the ingredients ready to go at room temperature, the butter should be soft and smear easily without melting. Clean hands are optional to mix everything. This master recipe only makes a plain dough.
• Smooth the butter until soft and creamy
• Blend in the sugar
• Beat the eggs separately and blend them in until smooth and incorporated
• Add any flavoring or extract
• Incorporate the dry sifted ingredients in two- three portions to make the mix in easy.
• Add last any chunky or textural ingredients last such as chip, nuts, coconut, dried fruit.
• Portion the cookies at room temperature using an ice cream scoop that clicks a releases.
TO BAKE THE COOKIE DOUGH:
• The dough spreads out smoothly if baked right after mixing instead of chilling.
• Preheat the oven to 350 degrees -confirm the temperature if possible.
• Place the cookies on a sheet pan that has been treated with spray release. Flatten them onto the cookie sheet after spacing the layout for the eight of diamonds on a playing card.
• The cookies take between 10-13 minutes, check after 8 minutes depend on the size
MORE TO THINK ABOUT:
What to add to finish the master dough recipe
Oatmeal Ginger Crisp- Cinnamon 1 Tab, Dried Apricots Chopped 1 cups, Candied Ginger 42Cups, Powdered Ginger 1 Tab, Instant Oatmeal 2 Cups
Chocolate Chip- 7 cups
Almond Joy Coconut- Almond Slivers 3 1/2 Cups, Shredded Coconut 3 Cups, Coconut Extract 2 Tab
Milk Chocolate Toffee Espresso- Instant Coffee 2 Tab, Heath Bar Pieces 5 Cups, Milk Chocolate Chips 5 Cups, Cocoa Powder 1/2 Cup
Lemon White Chocolate Macadamia- Lemon Extract 2 Tab, Nuts Chopped 6 Cups, White Chocolate Chips 6 Cups
Chocolate Chip Heath Bar- Toffee Bits 6 Cups, Choc Chips 6 Cups
Cherry Chocolate Chunk- Choc Chips 4 Cups, Dried Cherries 3 Cups, Walnut Pieces 3 Cups
Orange Hazelnut- Orange extract 2oz, Hazelnuts 4 cups, praline candy 7 cups